Welcome to our School
The Devon Hospitals Short Stay School provides education for children in hospital in Devon.
We teach on two sites:
- Bramble Unit at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter
- Caroline Thorpe Ward at the North Devon District Hospital, Barnstaple
We also have our Home Tuition and Outreach Service offering continuity of education for young people who are unable to attend school. Our aim is to support children as they get better helping them build confidence to return to their own school.
This is based at the West Exe Children's Centre and we also work in homes and remotely.
The School Rooms at the RD&E and NDDH and our Outreach Centre and Service will be closed for the half term break from Monday 12 February to Friday 16 February inclusive. We hope you all have a good break and we look forward to welcoming everyone back on Monday 19 February.
If you are concerned about the safety of a child when the School is closed, or if you are a child worried about your own safety, you can contact Devon’s Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) by:
- completing an online request for support form
- calling them on 0345 155 1071
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and giving as much information as you can
If a child is at immediate risk, contact the police on 999
- Opportunities and events at Exeter Library